About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The journal aims at serving the academic community principally at publishing topical articles resulting from original research whether theoretical or applied in the various aspects of academic endeavour broadly classified as Electronics and electricity.
It focuses on fresh formulations of problems and new methods of investigation and provides a help for professionals, graduates, engineers, academics and researchers disseminate information on state-of-the-art techniques according to the journal scope.
The journal scope includes electrical engineering, ectricity, theoretical electrical engineering, electricity and others. Scientific journal "Electrical engineering and power engineering" is designated for publication of the most significant scientific and practical research results of scientists of educational institutions and research organizations, development and production of industrial enterprises.
The magazine is included in a list of scientific publications in Ukraine, in which the results of dissertations for the degree of doctor and candidate of technical sciences can be published. The journal index in catalog of Ukrposhta is 22,913.
The main purpose of the journal is to promote the advanced scientific and industrial and practical knowledge in the chosen area.
The main content of the magazine is placed in the following categories:
1. Electrical engineering
1.1. General questions of electrical engineering and power industry
1.2. Material of general plan (methodical, scientific development, the history of electrical engineering and energy, organization of research, development and design activities, conferences, symposia, seminars, etc.).
1.3. Theoretical Electrical Engineering (physical basis of electrical engineering, electromagnetic field theory, the theory of electric and magnetic circuits).
1.4. Protection of labor (labor conditions, safety, electrical safety).
1.5. Electrical equipment, electrical capacitors, wires and cables.
General questions, magnetic, semiconducting, superconducting, conductor, dielectric, insulating materials. Electrical insulators. Capacitors. Wires and cables.
1.6. Electro-mehanotronika and electric transportation.
1.6.1. Electrical machines and transformers.
18.104.22.168. Electrical machinery (general problems, AC and DC machine, special ones).
22.214.171.124. Transformers and power reactors.
126.96.36.199. Electrical equipment for special purposes (thermonuclear devices, accelerators, lasers).
1.6.2. Electrical equipment ( high and low voltage).
1.6.3. Power conversion equipment (power valves; static converters, general questions, rectifiers and driven inverters; converters of DC and AC voltage, number of control phases, protection and diagnostics design and power equipment).
1.6.4. Electric drive and automation of industrial plants (common problems, DC and AC comprehensive automated drives).
1.6.5. Electrical Equipment of Transport (general problems, electrical equipment and power supply railway, urban, industrial transport vehicles, rail less loads, vehicles, electric vehicles, electric tools trackless ground, missile and space systems, aircraft, ships).
1.7. Electrotechnology (electrothermics, electric metering equipment, electrical equipment electrotechnological installations).
1.8. Electrification of Agriculture and Life.
1.8.1. Electrification and Automation of Agriculture (general problems, electric drives, electrical supply, automation, electric heating installation, light emitting devices and equipment).
1.8.2. Household electrification (electrical, heating and hot water supply, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, medical electrical engineering).
1.9. Lighting and electroradiactive technique. Light and Infrared Equipment (common problems, the state and prospects of development, physical and physiological basis, methods and apparatus for determination of light sources characteristics, lighting fixtures and lighting materials, light sources, switching and control devices, lighting and light fixtures and installing ultraviolet, visible and infrared radiation).
2. Electric Utilities
2.1. Electrical and automation: general issues, the state and prospects of development, reliability, design, maintenance, electricity rates, operating modes, characteristics. Parameters and indicators. Power quality. Automation. Protection. Measurements of electrical quantities. Remote Control. Communication.
2.2. Power plants. Substation and network: general issues. Design and construction of the electrical parts. Technical and economic calculations, electrical circuits, switchgear and layout, the choice of installation, normal operating conditions. Repair and maintenance, auxiliaries, accidents, short-circuit and special modes; moving power plants and substations, installation of emergency and uninterruptible power supply, air power grids and power lines, their main characteristics and parameters, designs, engineering and design, basic design elements , construction and installation, operation, electrical networks and cable lines, the main characteristics and parameters, design and calculations, the primary and secondary structural elements, construction of cable lines, networks, machinery, tools, equipment of high voltage, general issues, isolation, overvoltage , earthing, grounding, high voltage laboratory and test equipment, electromagnetic compatibility in systems management and communication, city power supply, industrial, residential and public buildings and facilities, design and maintenance, electrical industries, residential and public buildings, electrical work, products and materials.
2.3. Traditional, non-traditional and alternative energy sources.
3. Critical materials: articles, received reviews, opinions, etc. Certain publications on various aspects of research, production, consumption, changes and others of electricity and electricity energy, long-term objectives, the choice of directions in research, development, use of electricity , the protection of electrical devices and systems, safety and the environment, materials with different approaches and views on methods of calculation, design, estimation of economic efficiency of electrical devices and systems, articles and views of the various authors regarding terminology, and definitions, state standards, rules, etc. relating to electricity and its use.
Peer Review Process
The submitted manuscripts undergo an independent double-blind peer reviewing by leading specialists. Based on the results of this review presented in the established form, the editorial board makes a decision whether to publish the article, as well as regarding the timeframe of its publication and possible need for its improvement.
The journal is published four issues per year.
Open Access Policy
This journal is practicing a policy of immediate open access to published content, supporting the principles of free distribution scientific information and global exchange of knowledge for the general social progress.
The policy of screening for plagiarismе
THE CONCEPT OF PLAGIARISM IS DETERMINED AS FOLLOWS:
Plagiarism – promulgation (publication), fully or partially, of another's work under the name of a person who is not the author of this work
Self-plagiarism – re-publishing of large text parts from own scientific papers by the author without stating the fact of their prior or simultaneous publication
Textual plagiarism – full or partial copying of text fragments (modified or not) in the articles, theses, reports, books, manuscripts, theses, and so on.
The following actions clear characterize the process of plagiarism:
- turning in someone else’s work as your own;
- copying another person’s words or ideas without reference to its work;
- intentional omission the quote from the reference list; providing incorrect source data (such as "broken" links);
- changing words order, while preserving the overall structure of a sentence;
- copying large parts of text or ideas that makes up the majority of new article.
Plagiarism is classified in the following categories:
- the exact verbatim copying (Copy & Paste) without a proper bibliographic reference to the borrowed fragments;
- copying with modifications in language, vocabulary and technological interpretation (the words switching, replacing letters, numbers, etc.);
- style plagiarism;
- translation from another language;
- idea plagiarism.
As the result of our research eTXT Antiplagiat plagiarisms detection software has been selected.
- Executive editor check all submitted manuscripts by "eTXT Antiplagiat" software at the stage of initial review.
- If plagiarism is detected - the Editors have the right to reject the submitted manuscript.
- The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the information presented in the articles, the accuracy of the names, last names and citations.
- In case of finding out plagiarism authors have the responsibility according to the current legislation of Ukraine (Law of Ukraine «On Copyright and Related Rights»).
Sources of Support
The journal is published since 1999. There are 32 issues published up to 2014. They containing over 1000 scientific articles of leading scientists from Ukraine, Russia, Canada, USA, Japan, Germany, Romania, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Kazakhstan and others.